Space only stands
If you have booked a Space Only stand, your stand will not come with any electrics, carpet or walling. It is your responsibility to order these in advance.
The regulations below are supported by and should be followed in conjunction with the current eGuide, available here
The overall height should not exceed 4000mm from venue floor level. Requests to build to heights over 4000mm will be considered provided that they are submitted to the Ops Squad team in writing. Please send any requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must submit your stand plans to Ops Squad as soon as possible so they may be checked to ensure that they comply with the venue and local authority regulations detailed later in this section. All space only stand plans must be submitted by 30th September 2023 to email@example.com
These plans must include:
- Detailed drawings of your stand.
- All dimensions, detail build materials, include at minimum a ground plan and elevation drawing, include any inflatables or rigged elements, prove the structural stability, be specifically for this exhibition
- Your stand constructor’s public liability insurance
- A detailed Risk Assessment which must include details of any unusual exhibits or activities on the stand (any machinery, working kitchens, moving visitor attractions)
- A Method Statement
- A Health & Safety Declaration
- A Construction Phase Plan
- Full payment of the approval fee (see detail above)
All documents must be submitted in English and should clearly state the exhibiting company’s name, stand number and the contact name and company of the person responsible for the stand build. Approval must not be assumed until written permission to build is received. Once permission to build has been received no alteration may be made to the submitted design without further approval being sought.
Stand Construction Regulations
- No more than 50% of any open side may be walled in.
- Any rigging must be a maximum of 6m from the ground.
- If you wish to wall in over 50% of an open side, walling should be stepped in 1m or made of translucent material.
- On divided sites, it is the responsibility of each exhibitor to erect and decorate walls on their closed sides.
- Space only stands building over 2500mm should decorate both the front and the back panels – no advertising material to be displayed onto neighboring stands
- All construction and displays must be made from fireproofed materials and installed to the satisfaction of the authorities.
- Exhibitors will be charged for making good any damage to the hall such as paint marks, tape, bolt/screw/nail holes etc.
- Only NEC approved carpet tape suppliers must be used if you are laying your own floor covering. Full detail can be found here.
- You are responsible for examining your allotted space and building your stand within the correct floor markings – if you are in any doubt, please see the Organisers Office.
- The reverse of walls over 2.5m must be dressed in white down to the height of 2.5m.
- No graphics/ branding may be applied to the reverse of any party walling which overlooks neighboring stands.
- Your stand build, materials and dressing items must comply with eGuide and venue regulations.
- Your stand build contractor must comply with CDM regulations and submit all required paperwork and documentation to Ops Squad, our appointed Stand Auditors by the plan submission deadline of Friday 30th September 2022 (email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Complex Stands are defined as:
- Stand designs that contain any part of the stand which is over 4000mm in height
- Stand designs including a platform of over 599mm above floor level
- Stand designs or equipment that contains steps
In all COMPLEX cases, structural calculations providing the strength and stability of the complex structure will be required. If complex, fees are applicable, invoices for complex fees will be paid for in advance of the stand being approved. The exhibitor will be liable for all costs and charges relating to this.
All space only exhibitors must submit their Stand Plans, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Insurance Certificates to Ops Squad: email@example.com
Shell scheme stands
1 x twin 500w socket
2 x spotlights
12sqm and above:
2 x twin 500w sockets
4 x spotlights
Important information for shell scheme stands:
- Complete Shell Scheme modular wall panels in white
- For detailed specifications please contact the Operations team
- If you wish to change to a Space Only stand build, please ensure you notify the Operations team as soon as possible and refer to the Space Only build regulations
- Fascia and ceiling beams may be removed but this must be approved by our contractor for structural reasons. Please send your request to the Operations team. PLEASE BE AWARE your stand MUST NOT exceed 4m (location on the floor plan permitting). If it does, you will be asked to remove the offending stand.
- If you choose to keep your fascia beam, then you can upgrade and brand the fascia. For full details please contact the Operations team
- Use of beamers and light effects outside the stand is forbidden
- For security reasons, all Exhibitor material has to remain within the stand area
- You cannot fix anything to the wall panels using nails, staples or screws. Lightweight polyboard or card panels can be fixed with double-sided Velcro, twin stick pads or blu-tack. Support brackets and chain packs must be used to hand heavier items.
- Grey carpet will be supplied to your stand. Exhibitors wishing to lay an alternative floor covering can do so by ordering their preferred option via their ‘My Easyfairs’ account.