A fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join an established and growing company located near the centre of Birmingham working on state-of-the art process automation, robotics, and test systems within the logistics, automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries.
Sorion is looking for a well-rounded engineer to work on a variety of equipment for Sorion assembly and test solutions. You will have design influence and the scope of the job will be varied covering widely different requirements.
Your role will involve:
– Generate proposal / specification documents
– Support customer review meetings and provide on-site support as required
– Validate designs to ensure all requirements have been achieved
– Ensure that all designs perform to best practice technology standards and are not over engineered for customer applications
– Produce technical drawings schematics for manufacturing
– Review designs and produce accurate BOM’s for hand over to purchasing and manufacturing
– Good document control including engineering change control and drawing revision
– Assist and support the manufacturing team during the builds ensuring a smooth build on equipment
– Create documentation and perform risk analysis reviews to support UKCA / CE marking as appropriate
For a full job description and to apply please visit: https://www.sorion-group.com/about-sorion/careers-at-sorion/current-vacancies/mechanical-design-engineer/