Salary – £40,000 per annum
The successful candidate will work on the user interface and lesson planning tools for EDM’s SEPTRE and SEPTRE Lite graphical simulation engine as well as simulating the user interfaces and systems found within the simulated aircraft, both developing new systems from scratch and adapting or extending the functionality of existing systems to meet the current requirements.
They will be involved in the whole lifecycle of the project from developing specifications in conjunction with sales and project staff or extracting the requirements from aircraft manuals etc. through developing and de-bugging the systems to acceptance testing with the customer at EDM and delivery and installation at the customers’ sites around the world.
• Minimum of 3 years‘ experience with Linux including shell scripting and C++, C#, C (including embedded C)
• Previous experience with Open Scene Graph or similar graphical simulation tools
• Experience with PCs (both Windows and Linux), Raspberry PI and embedded microcontrollers.
• An appreciation of general engineering principles and practices would be an advantage.
• A willingness and ability to adapt to diverse technologies and develop new skills as required is essential, due to the broad nature of the training and simulation field.
• Supportive and enjoyable working environment
• Continuous Training and development
• Company Pension
• 25 days holiday + public holidays
• Life Insurance following 12 months service